Friday, July 6, 2007

Random rants

I am sick of writing politically correct posts. A big full stop to all inspiring, insipid stuff. Not that I have really done that much. But, desperately feel like raving and ranting. Boredom is killing my life.
There's a marriage today in the night(ok, that's tonight in short). A senior colleague. And mind of moin is all split up into sections over whether to go; go and stay till late nite; go and run back after ensuring my visibility; or not to go at all. So, much for decision making. Girls are all gonna be dressed up in saris, God, I hate saris. Hope my good old bottle-green salwar holds its own. Not that I care if it does'nt. No offence meant. Just that I am not the kind of frills-laces-parties kind. Put me into a robust faded cotton salwar anyday, and I could'nt be in a more comportable place anywhere in the world. OK, I dunno what colour bottle-green is supposed to be, but it sounded good and anyway, my salwar does belong to the green family.

The night will be spent at deep's PG, coz my PG walli is gonna lock me out after ten in the nite. OK, dont gape, Its not impossible to get in after that auspicious moment, but its a mighty headache. And I would rather go and crash in deeps's PG which is just two buildings down the road opp ICICI ATM, two shops down the road opp swadishta aahar, one building from my PG. Fine, for those of you with a poor grasp of Bangalore's geography, its quite near my PG, so its convenient for me to wake up at any time in the morn and make a dash to my own sweet little PG.

And thankfully, I dont have to work tomorrow, but gonna go and do my bit for the social service organisation that I volunteered for. It's only till 12 in the afternoon, and then gonna make a dash to an as-yet-undecided restaurant for the farewell party for three of my colleagues.
Poor busy little me.

Talking about social service, I managed to teach a bunch of eager kids in a telugu medium school two saturdays back. The intelligent kiddies knew English, so I was spared the task of taking a crash course in Telugu. But cant shake off the feeling that my efforts are not actually changing the world.

Yesterday was my school friend's sister's engagement and my college friend's birthday. Did not attend the former and did not remember the latter. How thoughtful of me.

Just listened to a song, from apne, that goes something like "got to hit the bull's eye'. Good one. Maybe, ppl with indepth knowledge of music might like to differ, but I enjoyed it, and listened to it three times, before my head started throbbing.

The marriage today will take care of my dinner. I have been popping in and out of canteens and eat-outs that accept my sodexho passes every night, trying to get something edible home. All this is kind of new to me, coz I was cocooned till now in one of those all-providing PG's where they cook your food, wash your clothes and clean your room every day. So why did I jump the fence? Coz, you dont get the kind of "lone-girl-against-the whole-world" kind of thrill that I get now. OK, on a more serious note, such PGs tend to pamper you, but then they consider it their privilege to cram you into a room occupied by threee or four other girls too. Not bad. You can't have the cake and eat it too. But from my point of view, if you are living, you might as well live comfortably. Even if it means having canteen food three times a day, 30 days a months. But i guess, my woes will come to an end, when I switch to the dhabawallah who brings food for my roommate. Till now, I have only surveyed the food from a distance, but my roomie is seriously tempting me to try it. Might as well do it. That reminds me about my new-found dietary habits.
OK, this blog is becoming too long.I will keep that for the next one.

1 comment:

Anand said...

No matter how small your effort is and if its not changing the world, but you are better than those, who haven't even put any sort of effort on these activities. And what you are doing is great! and that is inspiring -Adi polli :-).
As for me, i've always thought about it but never put any effort(practical) so you see i've kind of put effort(virtual - that is in thoughts ) tuink;-).

From this post, from the kind of songs you are listening to, and from the sort of slogans you are sticking to ...(lone-girl-against-whole-world) -OMG...Im seeing a revolutionary kinda girl in you like....like.. Jhansi waali rani ?;-)....or like...like.. Ms.MJ who is chasing her dreams and taking the world in her stride - as shown in SP3.
PPL be careful..you don't know who you are taking on.:-)

And for Music! you don't need to have indepth knowledge, its like you like it so listen to it or you don't like it so will not listen to it. I'll try to get hold of that song and lemme see if I too can see some changes :-)..

T'naji, Keep the Good going. I enjoyed your blog.